Truck Driver / Labourer
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
An opportunity is now available within Works and Infrastructure Services for a Truck Driver/Labourer to undertake truck driving and labouring duties associated with the maintenance and construction of roads, paved areas, drainage facilities and parks. This role will be required to:
- undertake truck driving duties, including: transportation of stores equipment and materials; and loading, unloading and securing of stores, equipment and materials;
- undertake general labouring duties, including: manual handling of materials, e.g. excavation and spreading of material, pipe laying, concrete works; and general asphalt and bituminous sealing works;
- operate and maintain small plant and equipment e.g. plate compactors, hand mowers, hand tools, brush cutters, small fuel driven roller, and concrete vibrators; an
- develop and maintain a positive team culture focused on teamwork and cooperation.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have:
- current class MR (unrestricted) driver’s licence;
- demonstrated sound experience and knowledge of road and drainage construction and maintenance techniques;
- demonstrated experience and competency in undertaking labouring duties for civil projects and maintenance works; and
- demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- $46,265 - $53,570 per annum
- 10.5% super
- 38 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Wednesday 14 February 2018 at 11:30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description attached.
Answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
John Latter, South Area Maintenance Coordinator on 4993 4264
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.